Nobody really likes to be around people who are difficult to get through, who seem difficult to talk to. These difficult people can be your siblings, parents, friends, spouses, and sometimes even your best friends.
Many times we tend to ignore their good points because we get to see their negative side often. But sometimes, relax and just sit back and think about what could have happened that these people behave in a certain manner. Nobody is really born the way they behave at that particular moment. Certain situations make a person difficult.
There are ways to deal with such a person. So if next time you meet a difficult person, just remember the following 5 points. Maybe it could help improve your relationship with them!
1. Put yourself in their shoes: now you don’t literally have to put yourself in their shoes. It’s just a saying that these people are difficult because they are going through a rough patch in their lives themselves. Instead of judging them, just listen to them. Maybe you’ll get a hint that why the person behaves in a certain manner. This can make you his good friend, and gradually you might even start noticing some changes in his behavior.
2. Compassionate actions: always behave compassionately with everyone around you, especially the ones who are most annoying and irritating in your environment. If everyone starts reacting impulsively in a situation, it will lead to nothing but discord and arguments. So instead of acting, start responding with compassion.
3. Times to be silent: if difficult people are difficult to talk in the first conversation, don’t force yourself into one. Try and observe a person’s behavior. Next time when you meet that person, you can break the ice and start a good healthy conversation. Often people are no very comfortable with others being chatty for the first time. But once they get to others, they feel more comfortable and can express themselves.
4. Extreme limits: Know when to control your anger and tongue. Whenever you confront a person who always gets on your nerves and makes you angry, close your fist and count to 10 in your mind. While counting till 10, you will automatically calm down and won’t feel the desire to shout or yell at that person anymore. As they say, “if it won’t matter in 5 years, don’t waste even 5 minutes on it!”
5. Surround yourself with positivity: when you surround yourself with positivity, you get a tendency to look at the positive sides of everything, no matter how negative a situation may be. Read quotes that fill you with positive energy. Read authors who motivate you to always stay positive in life. Because if you are positive in thoughts, you will definitely know the ways to get out of a difficult situation easily.
So next time you encounter a person who is irritating, difficult to talk to, never understands your point. Try and remember these points and you surely will get through that person very easily.
Subscribe our newsletter to stay updated