Keto diet plays a significant role in weight loss. It also gives you instant results. There is a way to start a keto diet for that your body will not get messed up. There are certain things you need to understand before starting a diet. Whether it is a keto diet or any other, you need to first check with your doctor before starting it.
Keto diet has become one of the most popular methods worldwide, for shedding excess weight and improving health. Research shows that adapting to low carb high-fat diet for fat loss, even improves some conditions like type 2 diabetes and cognitive decline. Let us check out what to avoid and what to eat in a keto diet.
Basic rules for the keto diet
• The basic rule for the keto diet is low carbs, high fat and moderate protein.
• When we are following a keto diet, carbs should be typically reduced to 50 grams or even lesser per day.
• We need to replace fat as the majority of total calorie intake.
• Protein intake should also come around 20% of our energy needs since the carbs are usually restricted to 5%.
This reduction of carbs forces the body to rely on fat as the primary source of energy instead of glucose, and this process is called ketosis. In ketosis, our body uses the ketones produced in the liver from fat since glucose is limited as an alternative source of fuel.
We usually avoid fat intake, as it is high in calories, but research proves that it is having a significant effect on promoting weight loss than a low-fat diet. And this diet help to reduce hunger and increase satiety, which is much needed when you are trying to lose weight. When you are jumping into a high fat, low carb diet, there are certain things which we need to know.
• We should understand the food we need to eat and avoid on a ketogenic diet.
• Vegetables and fruits also contain carbs to a certain extent.
• The only foods that do not contain carbs are meat and pure fats like butter oil
Cook at your home
Since most of the food we get outside is not keto-friendly, you need to go through several websites and cookbooks to find recipes and cook them. This way you can eat a fresh meal which is keto-friendly.
Knowing side effects
There are specific Side Effects like keto flu when you start on this diet. You can also get constipated or diarrhea because of a change in your fiber intake. This happens in the first one week or ten days, and you may even feel lethargic in your Limbs. So, start the keto diet in a week where you do not have crazy deadlines obligations, and you can be comfortable.
When you are on a keto diet, meals and snacks should be around the following foods
• Eggs: You can have organic whole eggs as they are the best choice.
• Poultry: Chicken and Turkey can be taken. • Fish: Wild-caught Salman, Herring, and mackerel are the best keto-friendly fish.
• Meat: Grass-fed beef, pork, and meat without preservatives can be taken.
• Full fat diary-like yogurt, butter, and cream can be taken.
• Full fat cheese like cheddar, Mozzarella, breed goat cheese, and cream cheese can be taken.
• Nuts and seeds like Macadamia nuts, Almonds, Walnuts, Pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and flax seeds can be taken.
• Nut butter like natural peanut, almond and cashew butter can be taken.
• Healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil coconut butter, and the same oil should be taken.
• Avocados can be added to any meal or snack.
• Non starchy vegetables and green broccoli, tomato, mushroom, peppers can be added.
• Condiments like salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, fresh Herbs, and Spices can be used.
Foods to avoid
We need to be very careful with this list, as your keto diet will be successful only when you can avoid them.
• Bread and baked goods like white bread, white wheat bread should be strictly avoided.
• Sugary food should be avoided.
• Pasta • Grains and grain products
• Starchy vegetables like potatoes
• Beans and legumes like Black Beans, chickpeas
• Fruits like citrus, grapes, banana, pineapple
• Sauces like Barbeque sauce
• Sugary salad dressings
• Alcoholic beverages like beer and sugar mixed drinks should be strictly avoided
• Though you are taking high fat, certain fats should be avoided, such as unhealthy fats like vegetable oils such as canola and corn oil, which should be avoided.
• Process food should be avoided.
• Food with artificial colors, preservatives are not fit to be taken.
Also Read: How To Lose Weight At Home Secrets Revealed
Subscribe our newsletter to stay updated