Coronavirus has become the talk-of-the global world as it has been recognized as the world health emergency. Since the SARS in 2003 and MERS in 2012, Coronavirus is the next to have gained the immediate global medical emergency. This article will give you a complete idea about the on-going virus outbreak, thus, helping you to know everything about Coronavirus.
Before we get deeper into the subject, let’s have a brief take on at ‘what is Coronavirus’?
Coronavirus is a cluster formed from seven viruses including MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). This new Coronavirus is known as the 2019-nCoV or Novel Coronavirus.
Novel Coronavirus was first reported from the Wuhan region in China on December 31, 2019. Thereon, the virus is also referred to as the Wuhan virus across the world. Doctors believe that the virus has been initially formed in animals, which later on, was transmitted to humans, especially those who worked in animal slaughtering shops or seafood market in China.
Experts believe that bats could be the host for the Novel Coronavirus. Some experts even argue that the source could even be a kind of snake. Bats have been the source for many deadly diseases such as Nipah, Marburg, etc. and have been the host for viruses such as Ebola, SARS, and MERS.
But, the confirmation on the virus source and host yet needs detailed analysis and an in-depth study.
Symptoms – A Primary Segment to Know Everything About Coronavirus
When there is an outbreak of a virus or a deadly disease, it is of utmost importance for us to educate ourselves and the society about its primary symptoms. We might ignore them considering the changes to be normal, but later on, it could have a highly adverse effect on our body.
This new mysterious Wuhan or Novel Coronavirus of China is spreading at a faster pace. The reports indicate the spread of the Wuhan virus not only in China but also in every other country.
National Health Service and the World Health Organization have identified the common and primary symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus.
· A feeling of being exhausted and too tired.
· Persistent body weakness.
· A general feeling of staying unwell.
· Higher body temperature, severe fever
· Cough or sore throat
· Shortness of breath
· Running nose
The symptoms might appear from two days to two weeks since you have come in contact with the virus.
Undergoing these symptoms in silence or without giving the required attention can bring huge damage to your health, causing dangerous respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis or pneumonia.
People who have a weak immune system, cardiopulmonary diseases, infants, and aged adults are more prone to sudden transmissions.
SARS and MERS possessed symptoms similar to the Wuhan virus, including chill fever, breath shortage, pneumonia, and body aches.
If you are witnessing such symptoms, you are highly advised to seek medical attention right away. Because in the instance of being infected by Coronavirus, leaving such symptoms untreated can cause severe illness, resulting in the death.
Next What? Treatment – The Second Foremost Stage to Know Everything About Coronavirus
As mentioned above, if you are feeling such symptoms, seek the right medical assistance immediately. Get a laboratory test done as the specialists will collect your mucus discharge or blood sample to detect the presence of Coronavirus in your body.
There has been any kind of specific treatment discovered yet for eradicating or treating the Coronavirus.
But here are certain ways to prevent the risk of being infected and also to eliminate the possibilities of the spread of Coronavirus.
· Health hygiene, especially the hygiene maintenance of your hand is crucial
· This virus is largely spread through sneezes or coughs as it is airborne. Hence, do not cover your mouth or nose with a naked hand while sneezing or coughing. Use a rough cloth.
· If you happen to come in contact with the droplets after sneezing or coughing, make sure to wash your hands with a sanitizer immediately.
· You can use a good and healthy soap, moisturizer, clean water, or a hand sanitizing gel.
· Do not touch your nose, mouth, or eyes with the infected hands. At times, we tend to do it unconsciously. Be careful!
· Make sure to carry a hand sanitizer with you always.· Wear a mouth mask, when you are in a crowded place or when you meet people. Keep an additional mask in your carry bag.
· Ensure to wash your hands before you consume meals.
· Try to avoid crowded places for some time, such as the airport, marketplace, etc.
· Carry disposable tissues so that you can throw them once used.
· Do not consume food that is physically touched by other people, such as if they have dipped their fingers into your food bowl.
· Avoid shaking hands in places where you suspect the virus’s presence or transmission.
· Clean your hands at frequent intervals.
· Educate your family and friends about the Coronavirus and how it spreads.
· Do not share your bath towels with others.
· Keep your home clean, especially the washrooms and kitchen areas.
Know Everything About Coronavirus – Can it be Spread Only Through Nose/Mouth Droplets?
Well, not always! But mouth and nose droplets are considered to be the common ways of Coronavirus transmission.
The virus can be hidden in other body secretions such as feces, urine, and blood. Hence, everyone should be more careful while dealing with the outside world.
The outbreak of Coronavirus has spread to different parts of the world. More than 250 people have succumbed to death due to Coronavirus and nearly 12000 people have been infected with this deadly virus. Countries like India, Australia, The UK, The US, has also been largely affected by the Coronavirus.